Friday, July 06, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Posting from the rejuvenated PowerBook! I took it to a professional to get fixed, since my own attitude of “Well, I think I know how to fix it” was what probably broke it in the first place. The repair-man used the technical description “it’s all fucked up” to describe my old hard disk, so several months of journals, photos, etc. are gone for now. It may be possible to retrieve the data eventually, but will probably be quite expensive, so I think I’ll hold off until I’m rich and/or famous. In the meantime, it’s nice to be back on my old machine, and back in touch with all my music (which lived on an external HD, so wasn’t affected).

As far as my “crisitunity” plan of getting out more, reading more, etc., I’ve been spending a lot of time playing frisbee and softball, reading (finally finishing “The Master and Margarita”), and hosting house-guests. Apart from the usual time spent in the lab, of course! And somehow, I’m mistakenly a member of an A-League Ultimate championship team!

The plan for the rest of the summer is to do lots of lab work, head West briefly in August for camping and a wedding, and maybe even play a show with my band (which I don’t think I’ve discussed here, but is totally awesome). But for now, it’s Friday afternoon, and we’re going to see Transformers tonight.

No comments: