Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday is YouTube Day

Hey, three posts so far today and it’s only 11AM. Here’s some other new music I’ve been listening to lately:

I somehow managed to never hear a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club song before seeing them live at La Tulipe a few weeks back, and I was pretty blown away. I think they’re a better live band than a studio band, but their albums are quite good - particularly Howl. They have a great dynamic - a three-piece band with no real front-man, both guitarists take turns taking the lead. They’re also very good at looking cool. Here’s a song from their first album:



Also, The Smashing Pumpkins have a new album, but let’s just all agree that it never happened, OK?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, wtf? I've been raving about these guys fo' evah!

Anyway, Howl is definitely awesome. It's great roadtrip music when you're driving through the desert. Or, as close to a desert as you'll ever get in BC around Lytton. haha.

Oh, and Shepherd's Dog is okay. I really don't like it too much, but as you said, I'll have to listen to that one a bit more. I've only had time to listen to it once.

Rod said...

Yeah, I don't know how I missed them - I'd always 'heard of' them but never just 'heard' them.