Monday, January 15, 2007

Il Neige!

We had our first big snow of the New Year - it snowed last night, and all throughout today.

A small dog came up to me on my way to work, and let me know that he would like it very much if I’d throw a tennis ball into the snow-bank for him. I did, and he followed me most of the way to work.

On the way home this evening, I decided to break out my cross-country skis, since they’d been sitting in the office all year. My new place is just on the other side of the mountain, so I can ski the whole way home. The snow was perfect, and there were already good tracks the whole way back. Just as I got close to home, I ran into a bunch of people sledding and snowboarding down Mont Royal in the fresh powder.

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's been snowing in Vancouver on and off all winter. So strange.