Monday, January 08, 2007

Hey, Hey, My, My, Year End Wrap-up Part Number 5

Here are some 2007 Music Listening New Year’s resolutions (not to be confused with my 2007 Get My Life Together New Year’s Resolutions, or my 2007 Music Playing New Year’s resolutions).

• Listen to more music

Specifically, I’d like to branch out a little bit more. A lot of the albums from this year’s lists are ones that I pretty much knew I’d like before I started listening to them, given their reputations. And a lot of them are fairly similar in style and approach - guitars, singer/songwriters, “Dude, Why Do You Still Love Her” music as JB calls it. So I’d like to listen a little more outside my comfort zone - more hard rock, more classical, more jazz, more weird.

• See more live music

This one is as perennial as the “exercise more often” resolution on my other list, but this is the year, dammit! Most of the shows I go to are artists I already know, so I’d like to go see more smaller shows, and more awful shows.

• Write more about music

This series of posts was fun, but a bit long to write! So I’d like to write more often about music, rather than let everything pile up til the end of the year.

OK, now to get to breaking these resolutions as quickly as possible.

No comments: