Monday, January 01, 2007

Don't Tell Anyone You Don't Own Blonde on Blonde (2006 Wrap-up Part 2)

I actually do own Blonde on Blonde, but I liked that line from “High Fidelity”. These are some albums that I really should have listened to before, but somehow managed to avoid until this year. It’s gonna be okay, it’s gonna be okay.

The Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach
The Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks / Highway 61 Revisited
The Everly Brothers - Twenty Greatest Hits
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On?
Joni Mitchell - Blue / Court & Spark
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers / Let it Bleed
The Who - Live at Leeds
• Hank Williams - 40 Greatest Hits
Neil Young - After the Goldrush

My favourites from this list, or at least the albums that meant the most to me this year were of course Bob Dylan’s Blood on the Tracks Joni Mitchell’s Blue.

More “new-to-me” albums tomorrow, and oh yeah, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you're listening to Joni Mitchell! I think I've got all of her albums minus 1....anyways, I think Court & Spark and Blue are her two best ones, but Blue is the better of the two.

I'm having a hard time deciding what albums to buy with my fantastic Christmas present, so perhaps I'll take some recommendations!

Love,
Christie