Wednesday, January 09, 2008

You've Got The Future In Your Hands

Watching Barack Obama’s concession speech last night after the New Hampshire primary results came in, I was surprised to hear him leave the stage to Stevie Wonder’s “Signed Sealed Delivered I’m Yours”. Y’know, the song with lyrics like:

Like a fool I went and stayed too long / Now I’m wondering if your love is still strong?

And:

Then that time I went and said goodbye / Now I’m back and not ashamed to cry

And especially:

I’ve done a lot of foolish things / That I really didn’t mean

I’ve actually heard this song used at political rallies a few times, and it always seems like a strange choice. Anyways, I’m not quite ready to change my prediction on the Democratic side (and I did predict Iowa!), but it looks like I can be happily wrong about Rudy Giuliani!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.