Thursday, August 16, 2007

September Girls


I was looking at my calendar, and noticing not only that September is coming quickly, but also that there's a bunch of cool shows coming too! Here's my list so far - I don't know about tickets prices etc., this is just what's down on my calendar so far:

September 6 - Animal Collective @ Le National
September 9 - Bill Calahan (AKA Smog) @ Sala Rosa
September 14 - Great Lake Swimmers @ Sala Rosa
September 19 - Ryan Adams at Theatre St. Denis
September 19 - Rilo Kiley @ La Tulipe
September 20 - Beastie Boys @ Bell Centre
September 22 - Nick Lowe / Ron Sexsmith / Teddy Thompson @ Club Soda
September 22 - Devendra Banhart @ Theatre National
September 23 - Okkervil River @ Sala Rosa
September 26 - Andrew Bird @ La Tulipe
September 26 - Iron&Wine @ Metropolis

        There is also a tentative show by some young up-and-comers called Katie Loves Pain, that you should all totally clear your calendars for. There are some sucky days with two concerts - the I&W v. Andrew Bird choice is probably the worst one, because I've vowed not to pay to see Ryan Adams again.

        I don't think I'll make all these shows, but I'd definitely be interested in any of them if there are posses to be formed. I think I'll definitely try for I&W, Rilo Kiley, Bill Calahan, and Okkervil River.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know any of them except Ryan Adams. :P

I knew your blog before from your Christmas skit when you sent the address to Judith. We enjoyed it much! :D You have a lot updated.

Soojin :)