Monday, July 24, 2006

CSHL Day 0

One thing this space is good for is for impromptu travel diaries. I don’t have a camera with me this trip, so unfortunately there probably won’t be any pictures. But anyways, after 11 hours of busses, borders, trains, and one van, I’ve arrived at CSHL.

One thing I find funny when travelling is getting so caught up in trying to catch the aforementioned trains, busses, etc., that when I realized the bus I was on went to the Port Authority, and not Penn Station as I had thought, I actually spent awhile trying to figure out elaborate transportation plans for how to get there before realizing that I could just walk ten blocks.

The CSHL campus is pretty gorgeous - a collection of hold houses re-fitted into research and teaching labs, nestled at the base of Cold Spring Harbor. Here’s a satellite view of the campus, I’m at the base of the inner harbour right now. It’s much less humid here than Montreal, and it feels really nice to get out of the city for awhile.

Now, time to write a talk for tomorrow! Updates in the future will probably be something like “Woke up. Spent Twelve Hours Fiddling With Yeast. Going to Sleep Now.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Roddo,

Glad to hear you got there okay! Take care and have fun!

Annie