Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It Was Christmas Eve, Babe, In The Drunk Tank

Our band of grad students is going to play a few songs at the annual departmental Christmas party, so we’ve been casting around for a few Christmas-themed numbers to play. Here’s what we settled on - if you’re actually going to be there and want to be surprised, maybe skip this one.

First, we have The Pogues’ “Fairytale of New York”:



I think the Pogues were a band I’d heard of, but not actually heard, so it was nice to get into them. I really like the song as well, though I hope we get away with the lines “You scum bag / you maggot / you cheap lousy faggot”.

Next up, the Ramones with “Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want To Fight Tonight)”:



I’m discovering that I don’t really have a punk-rock voice. Should be a fun show!

No comments: